I am alive and well in Doha, Qatar. However, I’m working with an unreliable Wi-Fi connection and 51% battery life, so I’ll just highlight a few interesting things from my journey so far:
- At the security checkpoint in Pittsburgh, I had my bags searched and was treated like a suspected terrorist because I forgot to remove liquids from my carry-on. At the security checkpoint in Qatar, I didn’t have to remove my shoes, electronics or liquids, and I walked on through that metal detector like a boss. Kind of funny, right?
- Qatar Airways gives you heated hand wipes. You haven’t experienced luxury until you’ve used a heated hand wipe.
- The Middle East is hot. Really hot. And I was only outside for five minutes.
- One of the Doha airport stores has an enormous $58 tub of Nutella for sale. Why does this exist?
- I still have three hours until my next flight, and I have nothing left to write about.
Wish me luck for my next flight to Kathmandu!